Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Trip to Charleston

I wanted to include a Part II to our trip to the south. Plus, there was no way I could leave out Charleston.

When we found out we'd be traveling to the Carolinas, I was very set on visiting Charleston. So in between the two-week trip, we took a weekend detour and it did not disappoint. Charleston was so pretty and beyond charming.
Details: 

• VRBO
We rented a VRBO in Charleston (the blue cottage in the last pic). It was so cute and the inside was spacious and modern. 
The only downfall was the location was on the outskirts of town. Still walkable to everything, but not in the greatest area.

• Restaurants
The Daily (by Butcher & Bee): Perfect for breakfast on-the-go. Great coffee, juices, breakfast + pastries
Brown's Court Bakery: Delicious fresh pastries and coffee. Very cute spot.
Five Loaves Cafe: Great casual spot to eat on the north end of King Street
Husk: Great southern food + drinks
Poogan's Porch: Fun southern vibe + food

• Site-Seeing
King's Street shopping: Popular spot for shopping and restaurants
Charleston Farmer's Market: Saturdays, April-December
Charleston Waterfront Park: Pretty views and fun swings to lounge on
Walk along The Battery: Beautiful plantation style homes, historic landmarks

I was also lucky enough to meet up with some lovely bloggers (Jillian, Cait + Meg)! So sad we didn't snap a pic together. Next time!

Definitely visit this beautiful city if you have the chance. I would definitely go back!

Here is Part I: Trip to Nashville in case you missed it.

20 comments:

BLovedBoston said...

I'm headed there in August and this post just increased my excitement!! Taking notes on your favorite spots mostly because you totally didn't steer me wrong when we went to Versailles!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

Cait | Home Sweet Ruby said...

Love your photos!! I'm glad you had a great time in Charleston, it was so great meeting you for brunch!! Hopefully we'll get out to see you in your neck of the woods :)

Christina said...

i'm from charleston (but now in boston) so i love seeing these pics! super pretty.

Meg Taylor said...

Awww I love all of your photos!! It was so nice to meet you, and I second Cait that I really want to make it out to you sometime soon :)

Ally- Life as I know it said...

So sad I missed meeting you! Stupid work! Looks like you had a great trip! Come back anytime!
Ally - Life as I know it

Marie said...

Such great pictures!! I so want to go to Charleston!! One day.

Pamela {Sequins and Sea Breezes} said...

SO excited you posted this since I'm heading there in August and had no clue where to go! And LOVE your cute little outfit with the hat! Perfect!

Happily Ever Parker said...

I so want to visit the Carolina's one day! I know I would fall in love fast!

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

All the times I've driven through the Carolinas, I can't believe I've never made a stop in Charleston! Such a beautiful town :)

Kristen @ See You In A Porridge said...

I'm so jealous! I would love to go one day. Fabulous pics!

Unknown said...

yahh! im so glad you had a fun time AND we got to hang out :) looks like you hit up all of the fun stops! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Unknown said...

ps im glad you found the swings :) :)

Shannon Jenkins said...

Ahh I am so jealous! I love Charleston! Next time we go back we definitely need to try out those restaurants!

<3 Shannon
Upbeat Soles

Amanda | Kids and Cabernet said...

Ahh, I can't wait to visit one day - hopefully soon! And so fun you got to meet some bloggers!

Caroline {Virginia Sweet} said...

ugh don't you just love Charleston? Wish we could have met up!! There's always next year - xoxo!

Amanda Elizabeth - Meet @ the Barre said...

Yeah!!!! I was so happy when I saw your post show up in my feed!!! I am going there in August with Pamela and B and can't wait!!!

Anonymous said...

Look at you good looking people ;) Love all your photos of Charleston. So glad you guys were able to make the trip (and still sad to have missed you!).

Lustrous.ie said...

It looks so gorgeous! Loving you cute outfit, that hat is fabulous!

Happy weekend! L xo

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

i am dying to go there and going to save this post for when I finally do- hopefully soon!

Meghan at Champagne & Suburbs said...

I'm heading to Charleston next week, and you hit every spot we're planning on going. Glad you loved it! xo